Monday, June 4, 2012

A Poem For Ashrie

Daddy's Little Girl!

Sometimes I forget that you are only three
And I would tell you to always speak gently
‘Cause when you talk you're loud, when you cry it’s louder
But I have no idea, what I’m like when I’m a toddler

You would run and not walk
You would hop and hop with glee
You would sing self-composed songs
You would jump from bed to me

I would say "Be careful"
Do this, or do this not
Or I would say be "Be quiet"
But you would simply not

Sometimes you'd say you're a princess
A pretty one, that’s a fact
Or most of the time a ballerina
Which I think you'll be good at

You tell me what I taught you
To do this, or do this not
I will just be silent
Knowing that you are right

Oh little one, how precious
These moments are to me
The funny times, those crazy times
Remembrance I guarantee

From now on I'll remember
You're just being true
But understand that as a Dad
I'm just as old as you

So wear that tutu everyday
Ask me to dance with you
Fancy yourself with beads and ribbons
Tell me to carry you

Just don't grow too fast my darling
That's my request to you
Daddy's little girl you'll forever be
Deep in my heart that's true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...