Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Case of Mistaken Identity

A few days after blogging about Ashrie’s Little Tikes, Huggies Singapore posted this on their Facebook page wall yesterday.
Although written with good intentions, they have misinterpreted my name for a woman’s. Well, it's not the first time that it happened especially here in Singapore.
That's why whenever I write an email to parties who really don’t know me, I placed a (Mr.) at the end of my name. I guess many used to think of the name, Esther when they hear my name for the first time. And I believed some who could not pronounce my name call me by that.

So where in the world did I got that name? Well, it’s a common practice in the Philippines, especially for the 70’s or 80’s parents or maybe until now, to name their kids with their combined first names.

Here is how it works. My Dad’s name is Edgardo, (nickname: Edy) my Mom’s name is Estrella (Esther).
So, Edy + Esther = Edsther!
But they still called me a happy mum!!! :-[

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...