Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

We had a simple celebration yesterday in honor of our beloved Jane, the mom. Our day started by attending the Mother's Day special service at church. As I mentioned in my post last week, the event was dubbed Tea With Mom and as a special treat, each of the mommies received a bag of Crabtree and Evelyn goodies. Inside were a box of lemon biscuits and a pack of afternoon tea, to be precise. Concurrently, I accompanied Ashrie in Sunday School and she did this card.

At Sunday School

After the service the dads served pastries and tea to the moms, an activity we did not partake of. On the other hand we headed to Northpoint for lunch. With a toddler we must carefully plan a schedule which will be easiest for all of us and which would not affect her time of eating, primarily. Amazingly, the mall had a festive ambience, with the grocery full of shoppers especially crowding the fresh flowers section! When we purchased something they even had a craft activity for moms and kids. So my two ladies sat down to make a terrarium. What a keepsake to remember the day!

Evangel's goodie bag

Lunch with MyGirls

Craft Time at the mall

As I do not have a surprise for her this year, I bought a bigger oven as a present (If my memory serves me right, she wore this day the pearl jewelry that I gave her last year). Back at home, we tested the oven by baking a cake. Our second try and I think this one's better than what we did for Ashrie's birthday. Jane still cooked dinner (even it's her day). It was crab in pumpkin and coconut milk, served with hot steamed rice. So yummy!


This coming Sunday, Jane will go out with two of her girl friends for a mommy’s day-out! And I will be in-charge of taking care of Ashrie for the time that she’s away. So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...