Friday, March 5, 2010

Keeping the Baby Alive till Your Wife Gets Home

I have read this book about a year ago, during the time my wife was still pregnant with Ashrie. But seriously, the only thing I can remember was the catchy title - KEEPING THE BABY ALIVE TILL YOUR WIFE GETS HOME. Actually, this is an exaggeration, but the truth remains it’s not easy to look after the baby.

Fortunately, never have I been given a task to look after the baby for long hours, it’s just short minutes of togetherness with the baby when I return from work. But even in that little span of time, accidents still happen! With my defensive mode on, I would like to ask the big question. Why do mishaps usually occur during my watch?

Yes, it’s a fact. Ten-month-olds are very active, thus prone to little accidents, but again the question: Why on my time to look after her? Is it that I have been careless, maybe I’m not attentive enough, or is it that I am plainly stupid? (Well, probably all of the above) or perhaps Ashrie is very confident that I, her loving dad will always be there to catch her whenever she falls?

I must admit, even though fate has not been fair to me, it was me. It was my fault. So sorry baby, and to my wife too!

And finally, lessons learned, and this is also my advice to young dads out there. NEVER blink an eye whenever it’s your time to look after your little darling and NEVER EVER blame the baby for her boo-boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...