Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Birthday 2016

Three days after Father's Day was my birthday. Being born on the third week of June, the two celebrations will always be one after the other and when my birthday falls on a Sunday, it will most probably be Father's Day as well.

MyGirls were so busy that day because it was the kids' checkup with the doctor in the morning. And all this time Jane has been, for days, planning a menu, crafting banners and labels and doing grocery shopping. She had three of our closest friends as accomplices and had me came home a little late that night to have ample prep time.

Funny how it all connects like a puzzle right now and how I can see all the reasons of what she said and asked me to do that day. Now, we can tell for sure that women are better liars. :)

The night of my birthday, after delivering a package to a friend (Accomplice No. 1), she still asked to run errands. And when I came home, the mantel was decorated. There was a spread on the dining table and our daughter's dressed to the nines. It was a surprise birthday celebration! The other two accomplices were also present.



Jane, inspired with my current obsession which is cacti (and succulents) did a Mexican-themed party from the banner to the dining table to her presents. We had savory beef and spicy chicken tacos with mouth-watering dips and sauces, fried chicken, and a very fluffy chiffon cake.



It was indeed a pleasant surprise! Thank you Jane. You did it yet again.

I can't help but think of my next birthday because next year, my life begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...