Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ashrie's First Day in Primary School



Happy New Year!

It was January 4, 2016. The first Monday of the year and the first day of school for 2016 here in Singapore for most of the students. It was also Ashrie's first day as a gradeschooler.

I took the day off to assist her on her day. First, in sending her to school, then in checking her up during their recess time, attending the parenting talk, buy more school uniforms and lastly, picking her up after school. I've been very busy running to and fro the school and our house. Thankfully, her school is just across the street.

Maybe I was anxious as she is or maybe I have more butterflies in the stomach than her. But thank God everything went smoothly.

I was relieved the moment I sent her at the school gate mainly because there was an older student who carried her heavy bag and brought her to their designated queue. (Parents were not allowed inside the school premises.) And during their recess where parents can have a glimpse of them, I found out that that each of them had an older student (from higher grades) to be their buddy/mentor as they go to the canteen, buy food, probably lead them to the washroom, and to send them back to their respective classrooms. All the parents, with all their cameras were cordoned off and could only watch from a distance. Fortunately, Ashrie sat close to the sides and I got a view of what she ordered or how she had been doing so far.



Here she is with her school guide, Novita.



First Day is over and I am so glad she enjoyed and did very well. I pray that God will bless her Primary Education, keep her safe, and guide her always. 

Keep it up Ashrie, we're proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...