Friday, December 26, 2014

Our Christmas Celebration 2014

We've waited patiently for Christmas 2014 and now it's history. But the happy memories we've created will remain even when we're long gone.

How lovely it is (and how convenient it has become) to see families gather for this special occasion. Homes were decorated, tables brimming with festive food and families taking "groufies" in matching outfits! Although each family has a unique tradition for their celebration, the important thing is that we know the Reason for the season. With that in mind, everything will be meaningful and worthwhile.

Traditionally, Filipinos celebrate the Noche Buena feast with a lavish serving of festive food on the table to be shared by the whole family. For us however, due to lack of preparation as I still need to report for work on Christmas Eve, we decided to have a Junk Food Extravaganza. We had pizza, fried chicken lollipops, donuts, soda and chips!

Jane cannot wait to give her presents and we opened them all even before Christmas! She gave toys to the kids, and I got another G-Shock and a bottle of Bulgari perfume. It was great fun indeed!


I have hidden my surprise for Jane but since I received mine, I also handed my presents to her. It was a number of accessories and a pair of Tiffany earrings! I'm glad that she loves it. Seems like the "when in doubt, give jewelry" thing really works.



On Christmas morn, Ashrie opened the rest of her presents, this time from me. I gave her books, an Aurora doll which is her favorite Disney Princess and a Princess Aurora costume to match. She liked it, but I think for now, she likes her alien-looking Furby more.


And to cap off the night, we had a special dinner prepared by Jane. And I'll tell you more about it in a separate blog post.

For now, let me greet all of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...