Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Tablescape and Menu

I was shopping for new dinnerware but bought a pair of food domes instead. I told myself I will definitely use it for this year's Christmas dinner. It is German-made, stainless steel, heavy, and the small acorn handles were made of brass. The contrast between their colors and textures makes them more interesting. They are beautiful and inspiring indeed.


It was my inspiration for a Woodland-themed Christmas tablescape. After the white and gold tablecloth was laid out, the sets of four white plates, flatware, napkins, and glasses were placed on the table, the setting then needed a tall centerpiece.


As I do not have fresh flowers at that time, I utilized what we have at home. I took these rustic-looking hurricane lamps from the living room (these are from Dimensione which we flew in from our most recent trip to the Philippines) and layered it with an antique marble artichoke bookend, a pinecone in a small glass cloche, and extra christmas tree ornaments. I also added a pair of votives with red candles for a punch of color and glow.


As final touches, we made a wreath of fresh willow leaves, tucked small branches in the centerpiece and slip a single branch tip on every napkin ring. This was then accessorized with a red holly berry each. And it's all done!

Now a beautiful table deserves good food to be served. And Jane as usual did not disappoint. Her Christmas menu is a delight to the senses, in sight, in scent and in taste. (The following images were grabbed from my Instagram feed.)

She served a three-course meal starting off with a delicious, homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup and Garlic Bread as appetizer.


Main course was Pan-Seared Porkchop and Mashed Potates with Red Wine Reduction Gravy.


And lastly for dessert, we had a helping of a Crisp Apple Strudel and Ice Cream.


Drinks include Red Wine, Spiced Apple Drink and Iced Lemon Water. The meal was sumptuous and definitely satisfying.

As a final hurrah for 2014, we will be hosting a dinner for a few friends later tonight. We are also celebrating Baby Lia's 7 months!

Then it's the New Year next week and schoolyear opening. And yes, it falls on a Friday! Why not make it Monday instead? Anyway, what a busy year it has been! Should I make a yearender post? I'll think about it.

So now as our "Feliz Navidad" is done let me greet you with the remaining half of the song, "Prospero Año y Felicidad"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...