Friday, May 2, 2014

Ashrie's 5th Birthday Party!

It's the party that almost didn't happen.

A day before her party, Jane had "bleeding"! And any form of bleeding at any point in pregnancy calls for urgent attention. It was before 2 pm when she called me and informed me of the news, I then rushed home from the office and brought her to her OB-Gyne. Thankfully, the baby is fine but Jane received a jab and needs to be on total bed rest until her condition normalizes. At that point we were at the crossroads of having to cancel the party or have me prepare all the food. Of course you know what decision we have come up with.

Most decorations were already in place, but still there were a gazillion things to do! Cakes and cupcakes need to be bought, flowers need to be bought and arranged, the house needs to be spotlessly-cleaned, and most importantly, food needs to be prepared!

So with all the assistance and support that Jane can give me, without compromising her medical condition, and with the assistance of my brother who came hours earlier before the dinner party, I prepared the food, and the house for Ashrie's Big 5 Party.


Good thing our menu was simple and most of it was baked so I managed to finish in time just before our first batch of guests arrived. And another blessing, it was just a dinner party planned to accommodate a total of 12 adults, including Jane and I.

Here are some photos of the event:

     
Happy, happy birthday Ashrie! Daddy and Mommy loves you sooo much!

More updates soon. Needless to say, I'm so busy these days, juggling work and family but all is good. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...