Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas "Belen"

A lot of things happen the past few days so pardon my usage of the cliché, “So many things to blog, so little time…”

Let me start with Christmas Eve. While others are doing some last minute Christmas shopping or busy preparing for the Noche Buena (traditional Christmas Eve dinner in the Philippines and other countries like Spain, Cuba and Latin America), I was engaged in finalizing our Christmas decorations.

Yes, I know it’s a bit late but a podcast that I’ve heard a week ago really put a burden in my heart so I made sure I followed it. I’m speaking about one of the audio recordings from Dr. Harold Sala for the Christmas Season wherein he advised Christians that the Nativity Scene is far more important than the Christmas tree. He was right and I agree with him completely.

I have not enough time to color, cut and paste the whole set of free printables from http://scrapbookscrapbook.com so I just made the major characters. I’m still satisfied with the results though. And the most important part of this was to be able to illustrate to our daughter (even at her very young age) the true meaning of Christmas, that once, Jesus was born in a lowly stable in Bethlehem to be our Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...