Thursday, June 3, 2010

Are You Too Busy To Hug Your Child?

I chanced upon an article shared by a page I follow in Facebook (Today’s Motherhood) with the title Are You Too Busy To Hug Your Child? Just by reading the title, not even the whole article, it pierces deep into my heart to ask that same question to myself.

Oftentimes, when I am too busy watching TV, eating, or just slugging around, I tend to neglect my little one, on the defence that she’s playing on her own. But we all know that I can do better.

Enough of self-infliction and needless to say the importance of the physical touch to a growing individual like my child, I would like to share some of the tips I’ve learned to be a better child hugger:

• Say good morning with a hug
• Say good night with a hug and a kiss
• Say thank you with a hug
• Say sorry with a hug

So go ahead, hug your child, feel her heartbeat, nurture her with all the XOXO you can give! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...