Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Frozen


We were able to catch Disney's latest animated musical-fantasy (and comedy) film Frozen last weekend and it was epic! Actually, having rarely watched anything on the big screen would be good. But that’s not the case with this one, it is really good. Although some critics have dubbed it as Disney’s best animated musical since the renaissance, I would simply call it one of the best Disney musicals of all time. Just when I thought they have geared away from doing fairy tale adaptations, Frozen was an original story loosely based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen.

Nordic music (or what I want to call it) is really mesmerizing. Sometimes, what you don’t understand lift your spirits more than the ones you do. You just flow with the orchestrated harmony and all and don’t bother with the lyrics. I'm pretty sure that a musical theatre will be in the works soon as good reviews for both the film and the soundtrack is high and up.

I had a glimpse of the trailer before we watched the film and I am always seeing that big sticker-poster on the way to work every day and I really don’t like Olaf. “That odd-looking snowman with a silly grin and big front teeth shouldn't be in the picture”, I thought. But guess what, it ended to be that he has given us the most laughs. His antics gave Ashrie some literal LOL moments! I think we really mustn't judge a person (or in this case a creature) by its cover. Sorry Olaf! My favorite part however was Elsa's construction of her ice castle where all the world's ice hotels pale in comparison.


If you haven’t watched it, Disney fan, well you might not want to miss this. It’s still showing in theatres island-wide. It’s a good family movie and is one for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...