Friday, September 21, 2012

Turkey

Ashrie’s love language for now, without a doubt, is Quality Time. She adores whoever spends playtime with her, especially if it is done in consecutive days. That’s why she’s specifically ecstatic during weekends, more so during our holidays. And it is no wonder why she loves Mom more than Dad, because Jane stays with her 24/7 while I work 6.5/7 (Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays until 1pm.)

Last night, they read the book entitled, The Eagle Who Thought He Was a Turkey, while I was doing some graphic designs for Jane’s blog. It’s about an eagle, which after years of doing “turkey things” finally discovered that he can soar in the sky… that he was meant for greatness.

Afterwards, I heard Ashrie saying, “Guess how much I love you.” Her mommy said, “How much?” Her reply was, “As high as the rainbow!”

Later in the night when I joined them in bed, Ashrie asked me the same question, “Daddy, guess how much I love you?” Excited, I said, “How much?” She replied, “As high as the birds flying in the sky!” I asked which bird, the eagle? She answered, “No, turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...