Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love Tweet Love

I was asked to do the decorations for this year's Pinoy Connection Valentine Fellowship at church. I said yes (as if I got a choice) and that means Jane and my bro are expected to help me. I've informed them about the activity and, surprisingly not, got their full-pledge support. Thank you guys! What can I do without your help?

So for the past week, after dinner, I would draw, and they would cut, they would paste and I will cut, Ashrie would paint, and Jane will cleanup. Well, that sort of thing. All with this design theme in mind, LOVE TWEET LOVE, Celebrate Valentine in a Masquerade. A cutesy heart-themed event would be easier to do but this one got our artistic side going.

We have decided to make three masquerade mask standees, and letter cut-outs forming the title of the event.

Come Saturday, one day before the event, I still need to work half-day in the office so I think we have started around 5pm already. It was a complete mess in the house, especially when we got to the part of putting on the glitters. We didn't use glitter glue because using this tend to reduced the glitter's "glitter" and is very flat when it dries. But it would have saved us from all the glitters all around the house and all over us. :-)

We had our dinner late because we want to finish most of it before midnight. And we did. We managed to packed it up, ready for picking for the next day's event.

Sunday after the church service we installed all the decorations just in time for the event. And here are the finished products.


And a small one with real feathers!

There were singing, sharing of the Word, more singing, and games. Prizes also were given to kids just for being cute. And of course, Ashrie got a prize!

Teatro Filipino in action
The Love Chapter
Ashrie receiving her prize
Models

We're looking forward to the next Pinoy Connection gathering. I still don't know whether they will asked us again for help though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...