Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tris and Jieyin's Wedding

When Weiyang invited me over Facebook months before his wedding, he got my "yes" right away. I requested to bring Jane along and he said "Of cos!" It was our first invitation to a non-Filipino couple's wedding so we were rather clueless on many things, what to wear, what to bring, along with a major concern- who would look after Ashrie while we enjoy the wedding banquet?

You see, Ashrie has never been away with at least one of us (my wife and I) for probably more than three hours. The last time we left her with another person was during her Auntie Ann's (Jane's sister not the pretzel shop) visit. Jane and I managed to have supper "alone" in a nearby Japanese restaurant that time. Anyway, we thought that it would require a strategic tactical operation during the wedding dinner itself, some major planning, and a team of trusted individuals who can really deliver. And I'm definitely not talking about the wedding but about babysitting!

So night of the wedding dinner came. It was New Year's Day. We went to Orchard together and we thought that it is best for Ashrie to be in the playground because it’s one place that she would not want to leave and it should be near the hotel where we are in. The serving intervals worked well with us because we took advantage of it by checking out on our daughter, who by the way is together with my brother and mom at a shopping mall playground. Midway, when I called my brother and asked if Ashrie would like to talk to me, my daughter refused. And that's a good thing because it means she's busy and perfectly fine.

After those elegantly-served dishes and after long hours of playing for Ashrie and company, we all met again at the lobby of the hotel, excited to see each other after hours of separation. Ashrie was indeed delighted to see us, more so the wedding bell favor! She also had a glimpse of the newly-wed couple and exclaimed that the bride's dress was pretty! We'll for the record we thought so too. We enjoyed watching their video (even without subtitles), and admired their pre-nup photos as well.

And back to my story, going down the winding staircase we needed to explain the definition of wedding, because that's new in her vocab.

In the cab, she told a short story of her evening and drifted off to dreamland in my arms, tired and weary but indeed happy.

I'm pretty sure that the beautiful couple that we cheered for that night was tired, weary but happy too. Weiyang and Jieyin, Thank you for inviting us on your very special day. May your relationship be a growing friendship each day and may our God bless you with abundance, good health, and more friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...