Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy and Sad Octopus

Happy Octopus
Sad Octopus

Our two-year-old daughter Ashrie asked for paper this afternoon saying she wanted to paint. My wife handed her the paper and asked what she wanted her (mom) to draw. Ashrie asserted that she wanted to draw and color by herself. And so be it.

When asked what she drew she said it was a “happy octopus” on the first sheet and a “sad octopus” on the other. She even chose the colors herself.

Trying hard as I can, when I received these drawings via email, I really could not decipher the octopus’s configuration. Suddenly, I realized the genius behind the abstract artwork (perhaps it’s not abstract at all in her perspective) was in her choice of colors! She actually used warm and vibrant colors on the first one and cool or subdued colors on the second.

And for the record, I really love these two drawings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...