Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Value of Time

How do you see time? I think as we age, we tend to value time more. We see time in years or in decades, we look back at how we are then and what we have become now. We realized that time is short and indeed the days, months, and years pass us by so quickly. I hate to be melancholic but I can’t help it. Probably it’s common for people who are nearing mid-life (wipes tears). Hahaha! But I hope my faith in God will keep me sane as I go through that phase. Nevertheless, I am certain, that He who holds the future holds me and my family, our hopes and dreams, our plans and decisions, in the palm of His hands.


To realize the value of one year, ask a student who has failed a final exam
To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby
To realize the value of one week, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper
To realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet
To realize the value of one minute, ask the person who has missed the plane, the bus or train
To realize the value of one second, ask a person who has survived an accident
To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics

Time waits for no one, let us treasure every moment that God gives knowing that you and I are living on borrowed time.*

*A transcript from 702 DZAS Sunday Selection Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...